Friday, February 4, 2011

Slam-dunk

Sparkle is a really clever little girl and I am loving working with her, teaching her new tricks etc.

She loves fetching her kong, dumbbell, tugtoy, rope etc. but she does not like a tennis ball very much. Therefore teaching her slam-dunk was a real challenge. All her other tricks she learned very quickly and easily, but slam-dunk took a while. And even now she will not do slam-dunk for me every and any time I ask her to - only if she feels like it. All her other tricks she'll do in a heartbeat. Oh, and don't think she'll do slam-dunk outside - it is an indoor game :-)

Here's a video of her playing slam-dunk - she can do it much more enthusiastically at times, and I know I repeat the command a lot and keep talking to her which isn't recommended by trainers (one command only!), but it's because she doesn't like this particular trick and I have to encourage her like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment