Thursday, August 24, 2017

SA Champs 2017

In May this year, I traveled up to Johannesburg to compete in the South African Agility Championships. I was very sick with bronchitis the days leading up to us driving up, but I knew I could not miss it.

                                  

The Thursday was the warm up round and then Round 1. It went ok - I was feeling very tired and short of breath, and I told Swish "walk" for the seesaw so he ran up thinking it was the dogwalk and flew off the end ...

Friday was Rounds 2 and 3. My best friend from varsity came to watch - it was lovely seeing her again after a number of years.





Saturday was Rounds 4 and  5. Arriving there on Saturday morning, we saw the arena under water .... it had started raining the evening before. And it was cold! Freezing, freezing cold. Well, the arena dried out slightly with people clearing the blocked drains and sweeping it.


I was thrilled to win the last round, and then win overall!!! A dream come true. So proud of my little boy.


2nd was Lloyd Bristow with Vibe, and 3rd was Alett Reed with Volt, both amazing handlers and dogs who gave me good competition. . 



And as I heard I had won, I saw my that my sister had come to watch and actually seen that last round without us knowing she was there
                                                              

Winning  meant we made the SA team to attend the World Champs in Liberec, Czech Republic, in October this year, both team and individual. Cannot wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment