Micca did very well for me: she got to B-Test Obedience, and in Dog Jumping 11 Championship Qualifying Certificates, 3rd at the SA Dog Jumping Champs one year, and her Provincial Colours. But I think her greatest achievement and legacy was in her seven gorgeous puppies. They were born in 1997. I was not working at the time, so I spent almost all my time with them.
The dad was Whiskey, an older Bolder Collie boy with a fantastic working ability.
The proud parents: Micca and Whiskey
The mom with the eldest four pups - the other three still had to be born
All seven pups
Here are idividual photo's of the seven pups, in order from oldest to youngest:
Starski
Jodi
Pancho
Emma
Abby
Storm
Mitch
It was such a wonderful experience having a litter of pups, but it was heartbreaking to find them homes and let them go - we cried as each one left with their new owners. Luckily I kept two of them - Jodi and Pancho. Jodi died this past December, but Pancho is still with us - a real little madam but so precious at 13 years of age.
My next entry I'll do about Jodi. Till then, keep well.
No comments:
Post a Comment