Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Training 5 February 2013

Ozz has been so impossible at shows lately that we've been working a bit harder than usual at training, just in the garden. He is doing much better - calmer, not barking at me as much, and responding well. Don't know if he will behave in the same way at shows as its so exciting for him there, but I can just hope that the training will pay off!

Sparkle doesn't have much natural drive, and it's taken really hard work from my side to motivate her and build up her confidence - she is coming along so nicely! Really proud of her!

Glitz at just 15 months (and 2 days) old is a real star! It's as if she was born to do Agility, a real natural. There is a big difference in jumping her compared to jumping Ozz - Ozz I have to be there with him, while Glitz goes almost remote controlled :-)

Dazzle doesn't jump competitively anymore, but he still loves it! I lowered the jumps and gave him a turn too yesterday - such a happy boy.

Here is a video of my four stars:


3 comments:

  1. I loved watching your old guy run. Yourvlucky, you can practice in your garden all year. My backyard has about 2 ft of ice and snow right now. I have a couple jumps, a tunnel and 2x2x's in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to use the "reply" option, so I just added a comment below in reply to yours :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Helen, he loved it too. He's not that old (turned 9 recently) and many dogs his age are still competing, but his hips aren't good so he was retired early (I think I may have told you before).
    I can't imagine it being so cold, but you're lucky too that you can get some training done indoors despite the weather. :-)

    ReplyDelete