The two kids that I expected it the least from really blew me away!! On the Friday Sparkle won the Dog Jumping in the medium height category!! The course was difficult but she listened and responded like the angel-girl she is.
Then on the Saturday she won the Non-Contact Agility too, in the large height category!! What a girlie!!
And little Swish .... that little boy amazed me. He recently turned 18 months old, and the Champs was his debut in Agility competitions. He had to go up against experienced dogs, and not just other beginners, so I really did not expect anything from him - just wanted the experience for him. Well ... he had a fault or two in the Dog Jumping on Friday and in the Non- Contact Agility Saturday morning. None the less, I was pleased with him. Then, in the Contact round later the Saturday, he did not put a paw wrong and wowed me and the crowds who cheered and spurred us on to win. So, my little boy became provincial champ at his first-ever Agility competition!!! Wow!!
Lots of people helped us along the way to achieve this. First, his breeder, Amanda, who chose him for me without me seeing him - she couldn't have chosen better! Then Ann who we went to puppy school to for the fun classes and good foundation he got there. Then a friend of mine, Jana, who also got a puppy shortly after I got Swish - if she hadn't have wanted to train her pup, I wouldn't have gone back to the club I am training at now. Then our puppy-class trainers who were the greatest ever - Sandra, Tracy and Dianne .... puppy-classes were such fun! Then the two other "big dog" obedience trainers - Sharon and Jenny .... Glitz, Swish and I look forward to each week's class.
Without Jenny there also won't be any agility classes - thanks for all the time you put into organising and coming to training. And thanks for the article in the newspaper:
And then a huge thank you to my mom - for allowing me to have all my dogs and to do agility, for supporting me at shows, for videoing me at shows or while I'm training etc. etc. etc.
My other two kids also competed at the Champs. Ozz did not do to well but had fun - I must dedicate more training time to him:
Certainly a Champs to remember!!! :-) Photo credits: Mitzi Pilgrim.







Wow you did great! We didn't enter our Regional Championships this year. But next year we'll be there as the National Championships are only two hours drive from our home.
ReplyDeleteThanks Helen. :-) Good luck with your competitions with your Shelties.
ReplyDelete