Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sparkle's newest tricks, 9 November 2011

Sparkle is really a very clever little girl! She amazes me more and more when she so easily understands what I want her to do!

I started teaching her to cross her paws on Monday - you'll see in the video below how well she is doing it by the third session yesterday afternoon.

I watched Susan Garrett's video of perch-work on Puppy Peaks yesterday morning, and in the video Sparkle is doing it for the first time yesterday afternoon! No previous training or practice!

Also seen on Puppy Peaks is Susan teaching Swagger two-on-two-off on a board against the wall. Sparkle knows two-on-two-off on other things but she has never done it against the wall - first try at it seen in the video! Note also in the video - I ask her to tug but show her the ball ... she doesn't take it until I turn the toy so she can tug the rope - she does not like a ball; can you believe that about a Border Collie?? :-)

Frisbee-catching practice has been on the go for about two weeks - she is getting the hang of it. Not a pro at it yet like Baloo of who I will post a video soon. :-)

Enjoy the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment