Monday, December 5, 2011

Ozz @ Margate Kennel Club Open Show, 4 December 2011

Yesterday was a very succesful show for my Ozz-wozz: he came first with qualification in both Contact Agility Grade 2 and Dog Jumping Grade 2. It was his third qualifications in both and he therefore moves up into the higher grades from the next show. It's going to be great to start the new year off in a new grade.

Here is a video of yesterday's rounds:



In non-contact Agility we were disqualified - my fault: if I had just done a front cross a jump ealier it wouldn't have happened. But no use crying over spilled milk - we'll just try next time again :-)

It was also Sparkle's first Agility show: I was looking forward to it very much but it did not go too well. As she came down the A-frame, a photographer from the local newspaper took a photo, and because I use a clicker to train the contacts, the click of the camera to her meant a treat and she ran towards him to see if he was going to give her a treat ... one disadvantage of clicker training ... but I had to laugh, it was actually very cute. The non-contact round she came out the weave-poles and I put her in the wrong place that she exited them on the incorrect side ... BUT, she had a lovely Dog Jumping round to ger her first qualifiacation ever.

I am very proud of my two competing dogs, and not only because of their results, but because they give me so much. Ozz was becoming a bit of a handful and dominant, but yesterday he was so well behaved all day and even turned his back on other male dogs that growled at him .. and little Sparkle is always such an angel - she lies in her crate even if it is open, and she has also come such a long way from being extremely scared of other dogs to even saying hello to other dogs th past two or three shows without any hang-ups.

Love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment