Thursday, January 12, 2012

Glitz, and Qualifications at the first show of 2012

Yes, call me crazy - border collie crazy, that is - but I got another new Border Collie Pup two weeks ago.

Introducing "Trivia Glitz 'n Glamour":





She is exactly what I wanted: Sparkle has been a little angel from the word go - learns very quickly and easily, and is an absolute pleasure, the love of my life, but when it comes to agility, her slightly timid nature counts against her. Little Glitz on the other hand is outgoing, confident, so mischieveous and cheecky, and already a little blitz ... holding thumbs for an awesome agility career from her. Her breeder gave her the best start possible in life, and I am very, very grateful for that.

Pancho doesn't really aknowledge her (I wouldn't expect a 15 year old to!), Kizmet grumbles a bit at her, Dazzle tolerates her, Ozz and Sparkle love her and play with her. The only one who hasn't accepted her well yet is Baloo - I supervise them together very carefully. I knew Baloo wouldn't be happy about another new pup, but I was very worried beforehand about how Sparkle would react .. she did what I expected at first and hid in her crate for over an hour and a half when I brought Glitz home. She was weary of Glitz the first two days, but on the third morning made a half-hearted attempt to play with her, and by that afternoon she had come to the conclusion this was the best playmate ever, way better than Ozz.



I was so happy to see them play, and it has done Sparkle the world of good, realising that other dogs and puppies aren't monsters.

We had the first show of the year this past Sunday, and both Ozz and Sparkle did me proud by winning their non-contact Agility classes with qualifications. This was Ozz's last Q in Grade 2 (moves to top grade, Grade 3) and Sparkle's first Q in Grade 1 at only her 2nd Agility show ever.



Will update again soon - exciting times ahead for us ... watch this space :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment